It’s the small things that make a day a good one:
- Your little ones giggling together in their room during a brief truce in their sibling battles.
- Hiding under a bridge in a rainstorm together.
- Romping as a family, laughing, squealing and running.
- Randomly leaping on your boyfriend for a piggyback much to the bemusement of your children.
- Feeding the ducks together.
- Having someone to hold you up when you almost pass out from low blood sugar instead of just sitting on the floor alone.
- A relaxing soak in the bath with your favourite music playing.
- Belgian chocolate millionaire’s cheesecake.
Today was good.
I was letting my dark clouds win. They were just getting thicker and I was getting worse.
I was firm in the belief that I couldn’t do…well…pretty much anything. But yesterday my Mum came round and helped me blitz the kitchen and today I am on a mission to at least get the front room half blitzed. Because I can.
I decided this morning that today is going to be a good day. I did a puzzle from a book whilst I ate my toast at breakfast and then I have begun to plod my way through the mammoth task that is our front room. This morning it looked like this:
And I’m busy getting through that bit in the middle where everything looks ten times worse…
But with my favourite music playing in the background and making sure I don’t put any pressure on myself I’m getting there and not getting wound up about it. If I have to finish tomorrow then fine, I will finish tomorrow. Usually I try and timetable myself and end up in a flap when I don’t get it all done but not this time. Today is a good day and that means no bad moods, no stressing and no rushing. It means I can go at my own pace and do things in the order they present themselves.
I will post an ‘after’ picture when I finish. Whenever that may be.
Today I feel good because I am making my own sunshine.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can….