It’s the end of yet another year and I’m sat here saying ‘where did all that time go?’ – so here it is, my list of where that time went and my list of resolutions for next year which, you never know, I might manage to keep for longer than ten minutes…
2010: The Highlights (or at least, a selection…)
- Proper girly day with my Mum, Big Sis & Sis-In-Law-To-Be – theatre trip & shopping. Bliss
- Our beautiful little girl was Christened in February. It was a wonderful gathering of family, friends, love, laughter and food!
- I had my hair chopped off and it felt great!!
- I had my first ever 5* hotel experience and got to go to the Official After-Party of the London Marathon. That was one very long day, but well worth it!
- Party time! Both the Virgo ‘Any Excuse’ party and Tori’s birthday party were amazing – endless memories with family and extended-family alike. More food, laughter and friendship.
- My Mum made me an Axolotl birthday cake for my 22nd Birthday.
- Liberty & I attended Alt. Fiction 2010 and started our blogging adventure (albeit a bit haphazardly in my case).
- My baby girl turned one and had so many firsts I could be here for hours listing them. Clapping, walking, talking, feeding herself…
- Sy, Tori & I had our first ever family holiday together.
- We had the whitest Christmas I can remember and I loved it.
- Tori was a sheep in the JC Nativity and stole the show entirely innocently using unusual methods (such as walking up the aisle asking every available person for a high five…)
- We discovered we are expecting Baby Number 2.
2010 – The Not-So-Highlights
- My second pregnancy has been a little less fun than the first. 21 weeks of running back and forth to the bathroom to be sick is not so great.
- I discovered I’m not fantastic at coping with feeling rubbish over long periods of time. I owe Sy more than one apology for being a total psycho on occasion…
- Our washing machine died. It was a sad (and expensive) day.
2011 – The Resolutions
- No matter what, I *will* read a book a week (or half a book if it’s a brick…)
- I *will* remember to review at least every second or third book I read.
- I *will* fit in the gorgeous size 12 (UK size) dress Sy got me for my cousin’s wedding in May. (aka. I will lose the baby fat after February has been and gone and Baby is here.)
- I will make sure I make a ‘proper’ dinner for the whole family to sit down and eat together at least twice a week. We are shocking for eating in front of the TV and ‘student food’…
- Family outings – actually manage more than about 3 in the year….
Resolutions and specific highlights aside, this last year has been a pretty good one overall and I am very much looking forward to 2011: New Baby is due in February, I have a new nephew/niece on the way in June, my cousin is getting married and I’m sure there are many other surprises in store for me and my little family.
I hope your 2010 has been a good one and that 2011 brings you nothing but love, laughter, happiness, good books and lots of fine food (because food is key to happiness, obviously).
Happy New Year, Everyone.
God Bless & Keep Safe